Today I want to invite you all to contribute to the community in a major way. WII will now be accepting guest posts from readers! A guest post is written content you created that can help others navigate the challenges of life. If you’ve read around on the blog, you have an idea of the kinds of topics and posts that would be appropriate.
FYI, I make no $ off this site and have no intention of ever putting up ads (it actually costs ~$120 a year). There is no financial compensation for guest posts, but you are free to publish under any username you want and include a link to your blog/website/social media.
These are just a few examples to stoke the creative process. (Note: Don’t think it needs to be something super profound or long. Short and to the point is actually preferable, and something simple can have great impact!)
- A testimony that is loosely connected to the themes of this site. E.g. The Hard Path To Freedom (Guest Post)
- A success story/testimony of how you overcome or are making progress in the area of sexual integrity, or otherwise, including the knowledge/strategies/techniques that worked best for you, and the lessons that you learned from failure. E.g. Pornography Almost Ruined My Life (Terry Crews); Fasting Can Break The Power of Addiction; Purity Tip: Charge Your Phone in Another Room
- A Christian quote you want added to the site. E.g. Christian Quote #41: Mark Driscoll A cultural quote you want added to the site. E.g. Cultural Quote #40: Marcus Aurelius The quote can be your own or someone else’s (with proper credit).
- A short inspiring YouTube video (typically less than 10 minutes) that you’ve transcribed. E.g. The Secret to Having a Pure Heart (Gateway Conference); Escaping Porn Addiction (Eli Nash). Shoot me an email in advance and I’ll let you know if I want to feature the clip.
- Any other edifying content you can think of! While the site’s main focus is sexual integrity, you will notice that a wide variety of topics are covered because the health of the part depends on the health of the whole, and vice-versa. Integrity is also greater than any one issue. E.g. God Is Speaking, But Am I Listening?
I will edit for content, style, and punctuation; title each post; add a cover photo; include the Guest Post tag at the end; possibly write a short introduction; and let you know when the post will go live. Be sure to include the name you want the post to appear under and a link to your blog/website, if you want me to include it. Original submissions only. No plagiarism or duplicate posts.
I look forward to reading your submissions in the coming months and learning from you knowledge, experiences & testimonies!